Work Flexibility: Onsite
Who we want -
- Self-directed initiators. People who take ownership of their work and need no prompting to drive productivity, change, and outcomes.
- Collaborative partners. People who build and leverage cross-functional relationships to bring together ideas, data and insights to drive continuous improvement in functions.
- Dedicated achievers. People who thrive in a fast-paced environment and will stop at nothing to ensure a project is complete and meets regulations and expectations.
What you will do -
As the Senior Engineer, Facilities Management you will be responsible for planning, developing, and implementing long-term solutions to manage utilities and facility systems. You will ensure that the quality of building systems and the capacity of facility infrastructure will support operation needs and business continuity. This includes critical systems such as RODI, CDA, HVAC, UPS, Mechanical, Electrical, and Plumbing.
- Maintain building electrical distribution, mechanical, plumbing, and HVAC systems
- Plan facility changes for plant, office, and production equipment layouts, working toward economy of operation, maximum use of facilities and equipment, and compliance with laws and regulations
- Coordinate with architecture/engineering firms in developing design criteria and preparing layout and detail drawings
- Prepare bid sheets and contracts for construction and facilities acquisition
- Review and estimates design costs including equipment, installation, labor, materials, preparation and other related costs to set budgets
- Inspect construction and installation progress for conformance to established drawings, specifications, and schedules
- Develop criteria and performance specifications required to meet unique operating requirements and building and safety codes
- Document project details including scope, schedule, milestones, budget, priority, risks, etc. via the corporate software system and delivers regular updates to key stakeholders
- Participate in procurement activity to ensure service partners meet contract requirements, align with department objectives, and business strategy
- Perform all other duties and responsibilities as directed by the Facilities Manager as needed
What you need -
Travel Percentage: 10%Stryker Corporation is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, ethnicity, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status. Stryker is an EO employer – M/F/Veteran/Disability.Stryker Corporation will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information.
- Bachelor's degree -highly preferred, in lieu of degree 6+ years of work experience in addition to the requirement below required
- 2+ years of work experience required
- 5+ years of experience as a Facilities Engineer or similar experience -highly preferred
- Experience with Building maintenance systems -highly preferred
- Knowledge of the building process and construction principles -highly preferred
- Knowledge of relevant regulations and building codes -highly preferred
- Project management experience -highly preferred
- Prior cGMP facilities experience -highly preferred
- In depth understanding of electrical and mechanical systems -highly preferred
Stryker is driven to work together with our customers to make healthcare better. In order to fulfill our commitment as a federal contractor, while focusing on the health and safety of our employees and those that we serve, Stryker is encouraging US employees as well as all new US employees joining our company to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Today or in the future, vaccination may be a requirement based on the essential functions of the specific role or applicable regulations. Please refer to our COVID-19 Vaccination Requirements FAQs page for current vaccination and/or reasonable accommodation requirements and timelines.